What is Off-Page SEO?
- Actions that you take outside of your own website that will positively impact your rankings within search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Focuses on enhancing search engines’ and users’ perceptions of your website’s relevance, trustworthiness and authority.
- Achieved via targeting relevant news and industry based publications with your content and securing placements on these websites.
- If a trusted publication from your sector publishes your content with a link to your website included in the copy, this acts as a vote of confidence for your website.
Why is it important?
- The importance of having a strong Off-page SEO presence cannot be underestimated, as one of Google’s major ranking factors relates to the quality of new and relevant backlinks coming into your website.
- The more organically sourced, high-quality, relevant backlinks coming into your website from other sources, the higher your rankings are likely to be.
- It can supercharge and work in tandem your existing traditional PR efforts by turning brand mentions into backlinks,giving your website an SEO boost.
A focus on building backlinks.
The most effective way to build sustainable and organic backlinks to your website is via the use of content-led Digital PR.
- It’s similar to traditional PR – there’s a requirement to cultivate relationships with relevant media contacts, but the focus is on gaining coverage that is linked back to your website in order to improve its ranking performance.
- Long-form editorial content that is genuinely interesting and useful for readers is created and distributed among relevant contacts.
- Relevancy and quality of coverage should be at the core of every Digital PR strategy. A backlink from a highly relevant and authoritative website is far more valuable than several links that aren’t relevant to your sector.
Enhance your existing SEO strategy.
Combining technical and on-page SEO with Digital PR will help to enhance the overall performance of your website. Building backlinks provides even more reasons for Google to rank your website over your competitors.
- You can target specific keywords, pages on your website and audiences. If you have a particular page you want to rank for a keyword, building natural backlinks to that page will improve its visibility in the SERPs.
- You can get ahead of the competition by gaining backlinks that your competitors cannot replicate, especially if you gain coverage in a top industry-based publication.
- Digital PR focuses on building links into natural, editorial content. This normally results in an uplift in traffic to your website, with users clicking on the link in the placed article.